Ideal Basement Waterproofing of Fort Lee and Long Beach, NJ provides mold remediation and testing services in Morristown, Madison, Montville, Chatham, Lincroft, Red Bank, and Cranford, New Jersey. Mold typically starts growing in the basement and moves up. People who are sensitive to mold may have numerous health issues after being exposed to mold, including headache, stuffy nose, throat irritation, and/or skin irritation. Those with breathing problems such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) may get serious infections in their lungs when exposed to mold. At Ideal Basement Waterproofing, we can help mitigate the problem by returning mold levels to normal.
Controlling Mold Growth
Mold grows where there is moisture, so a damp basement makes a perfect breeding ground. Some ways you can control mold growth include the following:
- Control humidity levels
- Thoroughly clean and dry your home after flooding
- Use a dehumidifier
- Ensure that water is directed away from your home
- Promptly fix leaky roofs, windows, and pipes
- Ventilate your bathrooms, laundry room, and kitchen
Mold Removal and Remediation
At Ideal Basement Waterproofing, our experienced staff will explain your mold removal project in language you can understand. We use the most advanced equipment to remove and remediate mold while taking safety precautions to keep mold from spreading during the remediation process. Some of the steps we take include the following:
- Wearing proper safety gear. Our trained professionals wear a full protective suit that includes a high quality, high filtration face mask and vinyl or neoprene gloves.
- Sealing off the area. This keeps mold spores from traveling to other areas of your home.
- Using professional equipment. We use HEPA air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and commercial-strength dehumidifiers.
If you’ve noticed a musty smell or your basement has recently flooded, you will want to have your basement tested for mold growth. At Ideal Basement Waterproofing, our staff has 25 years’ experience inspecting homes for mold growth. If you see visible mold, you do not need mold testing because you can already see mold. When do you need to have your basement tested for mold?
- You smell mold, but do not yet see it
- Your basement flooded or there’s been a water leak
- You’re selling your home or buying a new home.
Mold removal requires professional chemicals, equipment, and training. Call Ideal Basement Waterproofing today for a fast, free quote on mold removal, remediation, or testing!